Saturday, May 15, 2010

Concordia Irvine Chooses New President

Concordia University, Irvine has chosen its new president and he has accepted. It is Dr. Kurt Krueger, currently of the LCMS Board for University Education and previously provost at Irvine. Kurt is an excellent choice who will provide fine leadership to the university! Read about all of it here.

In the interest of full disclosure, I had been one of the finalists. I am very honored to have been considered by the university and am deeply thankful for the collegial manner in which I was welcomed to the campus by faculty, staff, students and administration. It was a terrific experience for me. At the same time, I'm delighted at the choice of Kurt. He'll continue to be in my prayers as he transitions from 1333 S. Kirkwood to Concordia Irvine!

No comments: